The Subcarpathian Association for Active Families partnered with Norsenses Mediaforum from Oslo to implement the project “The Girls are Building.” The project is open to girls aged 12-16 that live in the Podkarpackie Voivodeship and is also open to any educators that work with girls in that age range. Currently, we have 40 participants in the project; 24 girls and 16 educators.
With this project we want to help girls with their social development. We support them in building their confidence and self-esteem so that they can have a stronger voice throughout their life. We want to show girls how to effectively fight gender stereotypes, deal with difficult and stressful situations, stand up for themselves, and set their own boundaries.
We will hold workshops to expand their knowledge on prejudice and inequality towards women. We will teach them how to deal with these issues effectively and we will talk about historical female figures.
For Girls We Offer:
- Workshops on anti-discrimination
- “HerStory” Workshops
- A 4-day “Camp for Power” from June 30-July 3, 2022. With our partners from Norway, this camp holds Workshops on Social Competence, Cooperation, Campaign Creation, and on Storytelling
- Creating campaigns for local communities
For Educators We Offer:
- Workshops discussing Counteracting Discrimination -these will be held in-person in Rzeszow.
- Workshops discussing anti-discrimination -these are held remotely
- Creating a Social Initiative
Participation in The Girls are Building is free to everyone. All you need to bring is an open mind and a willingness to act!
The project is possible thanks to a grant from the Active Citizens Fund-National Program funded by Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway under the EEA Funds.